Effective from May 25, 2018.
The Managing Director of XK Holdings Ltd. Is Mr Joseph Said and the Data Protection Officer is Mr Mark Warner.
1. Cookies Explained
Cookies are small files that can be placed on your device allowing us to recognise and remember you. They are sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive or tablet or mobile device. When you visit our sites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Understanding who our customers are and how they use our website
- Making improvements to our website
- Learning which products are popular to different markets and demographics
- Working with partners to serve you relevant advertising
Using cookies and other technology allows other organisations to help us analyse how our website is being used, to measure the number of visitors to the site, and to display advertising.
Cookies that are used by our website are known as ‘first-party cookies’ and those that are used by our partners are ‘third-party cookies’.
3. What Types of Cookies We Use
These purposes are elaborated below:
- User Experience & Understanding Visitor Behaviour
These cookies allow us to log your visit to our website and register your preferences during that visit. They do this by detect your location (by IP address), age and gender, and to determine which browser and operating system you use.
These cookies will not take your names, address/es, telephone number/s, email address/es or any other types of personal data that might identify you individually.
We use the logged information of your visit to provide is with visitor analytics (e.g. number of visitors, where visitors are from, demographics and browsers used). This information helps us improve future visitor experience, to understand the general behaviour of users of our website and to inform our marketing efforts.
- Social Media Sharing
We use a third party advertising partner called AdRoll (www.adroll.com) to deliver relevant banner adverts to people, like you, who have already visited our website. This form of marketing is called ‘remarketing’ or ‘retargeting’.
To elaborate, this basically means that once you have visited our website, the banners you see displayed on other third party websites might be advertising Mdina Glass products and/or offers.
In this regard, AdRoll collects the following categories of information for the purposes explained below using cookies, tracking pixels and related technologies.
- Data about your browsing activity on our site. For example, which pages you visited and when, what items were clicked on a page, how much time was spent on a page, what items you placed into your online shopping cart, what products were purchased and how much was paid.
- Information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device's IP address, cookie string data, operating system, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device's unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Data about the online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad.
4. Your Choices: How to Manage Cookies and Remarketing Ads
In this section we would like to make you aware of the various ways in which you can manage cookies in general or remarketing ads specifically.
Managing Cookies in General
You can manage and block cookies from the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your web browser or device. You can use the following links to access these settings for different platforms:
Managing Remarketing Ads Specifically
You may wish to manage Remarketing ads and, if this is the case, there are a number of options available to you. These include the following:
- You can opt out of receiving personalized ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads and following the instructions provided or by clicking here. Please note that this “opt out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt out cookie”: thus, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again.
- In some cases AdRoll may link multiple browsers or devices to you. If you opt out of on a browser or device and AdRoll have more linked to you, they will extend your opt out decision to the other linked browsers and devices. Since AdRoll only link users across browsers on devices in some conditions, there could be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device they have not linked, and where they are treating you as a different user.
- AdRoll is also a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Codes of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing personalized ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
- AdRoll adheres to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
Please remember that if you do opt out of Remarketing ads using one of the above methods it does not mean that you will receive fewer adverts when you visit websites, but the adverts you will see will not be customised to you.
5. Useful Links
You may find the following links useful should you wish to find out more information about cookies:
6. Changes to This Policy
If we are required by applicable data protection laws to obtain your consent to any material changes before they come into effect, then we will do so in accordance with law.
We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
7. Contact Information
If you have any questions about this Cookies Policy or our privacy practices, you can contact as follows:
Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us at the following address:Mdina Glass FAO: Web Team
Ta’ Qali Crafts Village
Attard, ATD 4000